World Banknote Association is a banknote collectors community, created to unite collectors and researchers of money circulation, to assist in their research, to simplify and streamline the process of banknotes collecting, selling and buying, to initiate the communication between collectors.
Banknoter.com is an information resource of the Association that consists of three main sections (Catalog, Market, Network), and the set of secondary modules (News, Library, Glossary). Banknoter was created by collectors for collectors considering all needs and requirements of a collector: to verify the information in the detailed professional catalog, to learn the price of a particular banknote to buy or sell stuff, to organize your own collection, to track changes in prices and consumer demand for certain items and much more. Banknoter is a multi-purposed resource designed both for beginners and experienced collectors with huge store of knowledge.
DETAILED PROFESSIONAL CATALOG
For many years collectors use weak and imperfect catalogs created half a century ago. There have been many attempts to create alternative catalogs, but they initially carried a big fault - they just tried to improve the existing system without changing the base and did not try to create a really comfortable cataloging system.
Banknoter is a revolutionary system of cataloging, subjected to clear and logical laws of catalog creating. The system is universal and suitable for cataloging General Issues, as well as Regional and Local Issues, it is applicable to any country, any epoch, and any type of monetary circulation.
• Existing states form SECTIONS (Section means not a country, but an area and a set of historical, political, cultural basics);
• In SECTIONS there are CHAPTERS (epochs in each state's history), included in one of three types of issues (General, Regional, Local);
• CHAPTERS are divided into SERIES (banknotes issue, which forms a unified conceptual line);
• In SERIES there are groups of banknotes, united by their types and lined up for denomination row (in fact it is a container for the next level);
• In BANKNOTES there are VARIATIONS (specific notes, each one having its own features and characteristics). We are working on filling information about VARIATIONS with Remarks, Security Features, Prices and Sale Tracking for specific variations, displaying Signatures Facsimile on banknote, Rarity Indicator, high resolution previews of banknote scan availability etc.;
• The final nesting level is SERIAL PREFIXES (researchers often ignore information about serial prefixes and that is a gross mistake which doesn't allow to see full information about Variation). Catalog is closely integrated into other parts of Banknoter (Market and Personal Cabinet) and it allows to manage Catalog using various tools from the user interface. You can create your own collection with a tool MyCollection; put banknotes on sale with filled data on the Market within a few clicks; make Wish-Lists; mark purchased but not yet delivered notes; track the dynamic of prices and much more.
COMFORTABLE BANKNOTER MARKET
We have tried to take into account the disadvantages of existing auctions, stores, shopping areas to create a really useful tool for buying and selling banknotes.
• Setting item for sale in a few clicks. You can use the SELL IT function and easily put items for sale from Catalog with already filled data editing only price or other options. No need to waste your precious time to fill in all the fields!
• Low sales commission. The seller pays only 3% of the purchase price!
• Dealer Items. Members in the Dealers group have the opportunity to do wholesale purchases and sales, which will be hidden from other Members and Users;
• Tracking Tools to trace sale prices which are similar to yours. Stay informed of - where, when and what price a similar item was sold for!
• A revolutionary tool for processing the transaction - Deals, available for both the seller and the buyer. No need to waste time to understand who and when has bought or sold anything. All purchased items get into the particular transaction. Transaction process consists of 7 steps (3 steps of the buyer and 4 steps of the seller). Each step has duration of performing and puts mutual obligations to perform actions within a time limit;
• The matching tool. Buy easily using the indicator of matching your ways of payment, delivery, location and sellers settings;
• Tools for monitoring lots, sale manager, "eternal" items archive, drafts, templates and much more;
• Mutual Integration of Market and Catalog makes it possible to advertise items on the relevant notes' pages notes for free. Buyers are sure to find your lot looking into Catalog and seeing all the offers on the matter.
NETWORK & PERSONAL CABINET
We have tried to take into account the needs and interests of collectors and to develop necessary functions as if you're in a real office and have on hand all necessary tools for collecting.
• Free chat with other collectors, both in public as well as through personal messages;
• Tools MyFriends and MyGuests - be in direct contact with your friends, learn who is interested in your page, make new friends!
• The great MyCollection tool enables you to keep record of your collection to monitor the prices dynamic (if you bought at one price, and now the price has increased), to make Wish-Lists and Await-Lists, make notes and much more!
• The Control of your personal wallet, convenient replenishment. Opportunity to earn through the information which you have added!
• Different user groups, depending on the capabilities and status of collectors: Novices, Users, Members, Dealers, Rulers, Leaders. ADDITIONAL SECTIONS
• Latest news from the world of banknotes - be up to date with new products!
• Library - information about books, national catalogs, etc. Convenient literature search;
• Museum is an analogue of the Catalog, but the materials placed in Museum are from the outside of the circulation of money precisely, still related to it - Specimens, Error notes, Proofs, Trials, Booklets and much more (section is under construction);
• Reference - various supporting information on the national central banks, the signatories, printings, currency exchange rates, objects and persons depicted on banknotes and much more (section is under construction);
• Discussions - share information, ask questions and get answers!